[OpenAFS-devel] [Win] Status of remote logins

Franco "Sensei" Sensei <senseiwa@tin.it>
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 16:16:37 -0600

--------------enig02C58C773463CE897718F1B4

Hi.

I'm wondering about the status of openafs under windows. I'm interested
in the possibility of having home directories under an afs cell and
avoiding local users.

The fact is that we've been trying, as you've probably seen on
openafs-info ml, to use afs + k5 + ldap, to have a common login on every
platform in our university without active directory. Linux and MacOSX
work flawlessly, very easy. Windows OSs are a pain. We didn't succeed.

Now, I'll be glad to know if anyone has ever done that, if possible
doing it.

I'll be glad to help in developing such a trick for windows (I'm really
interested in authentication and ), but I don't really know where to
start and how to do it. So... if someone is so kind to help me... I'll
help happily :) even though my experience is mainly under unix and linux...

PS. I'd be using my istitutional email if needed (it doesn't always work
for network problems), just tell me and I'll subscribe to the mailing
list with that.

Franco Milicchio

--
Sensei <mailto:senseiwa@tin.it> <pgp:8998A2DB>