[OpenAFS-devel] 1.3.79 on AIX 5.2, system dump when using token

Michael Niksch nik@zurich.ibm.com
Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:27:17 +0100

> 1) klog does not work unless you compiled it without -O (I think specially the des libraries, but better if you do it for all). This is obviously a bug of the IBM compiler.

So why is 1.2.10 klog working? Why is klog working on AIX 5 (though the
machine is crashing afterwards)? What's the impact of compiling
everything without -O?

> 2) afs_pioctl.c had been changed between 1.2 1nd 1.3 at some point to support the giant tickets created by Microsoft's active directory (12000 byte). AIX has a problem with this. Therefore I came back to the old code which limits the ticket size to e reasonable value.

Can you tell a bit more about why AIX is having problems with giant
tickets? Shouldn't it be possible to reserve enough space to deal with
them by properly defining the sizes of related structures?

> My version in /afs/ipp-garching.mpg.de/openmrafs/openafs is based mostly on 1.3.77 and works correctly on AIX 5.2. Feel free to copy.

Thanks, I'll give it a try when I return from vacation in a week.
However, I suppose your version has lots of other modifications with
respect to 1.3.77. Since there are apparently more people looking for a
working AIX 5 version, is there a chance to isolate those patches that
apply to all of us, and port them back into the official 1.3.xx tree?

Regards, Michael

--
Michael Niksch                     /Zurich/IBM @ IBMCH
IBM Zurich Research Laboratory     nik@zurich.ibm.com