[OpenAFS-devel] 1.3.79 on AIX 5.2, system dump when using token

Hartmut Reuter reuter@rzg.mpg.de
Fri, 25 Feb 2005 17:00:14 +0100

Michael Niksch wrote:

> Thanks, I'll give it a try when I return from vacation in a week.
> However, I suppose your version has lots of other modifications with
> respect to 1.3.77. Since there are apparently more people looking for a
> working AIX 5 version, is there a chance to isolate those patches that
> apply to all of us, and port them back into the official 1.3.xx tree?

I tried to bring this version as near to 1.3.77 as possible. However,
there are some extensions for future things in it which should by
default not be switched on if you start the client with the usual
parameters.

One other thing I do the old way is checking for dead servers. My
feeling is that the official code has a bug which makes randomly servers
appear down if you have one which is really down in your cell.

Hartmut

> Regards, Michael

Hartmut Reuter                           e-mail reuter@rzg.mpg.de
					   phone +49-89-3299-1328
RZG (Rechenzentrum Garching)               fax   +49-89-3299-1301
Computing Center of the Max-Planck-Gesellschaft (MPG) and the
Institut fuer Plasmaphysik (IPP)