[OpenAFS-devel] libadmin reporting strange server addresses for cell server enumeration.

Ken Aaker kenaaker@silverbacksystems.com
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 10:34:13 -0600

I was working with libadmin and I ran into a problem with the server
addresses that are reported back from util_CMListCellsNext().

So, I tried running the sample program in
src/libadmin/samples/cm_list_cells.c and got output that shows the same
problem.

./cm_list_cells storm 7001

Cell sbsroch.com on hosts 0.0.0.3 8.14.164.168

There should be 3 servers, at addresses 10.0.0.2, 10.0.0.10, and 10.0.0.98.

It looks like the 0.0.0.3 could be a mistranslation of the number of
servers, but if I dump the cellinfo structure, I don't see anything that
looks like my list of server IP addresses.

And, a couple of other questions.  All the samples require the server
and port number on the command line, is there any suggestion about which
libadmin function I can use to retrieve the name of the server in my
local cell that I can use for the server parameter for the
afsclient_CMStatOpenPort() call I use to start the cell enumeration call?

Ken Aaker