[OpenAFS-devel] cannot start afs cleint in mac osx 10.3

Mark Christopher Hodgkinson markhod@slac.stanford.edu
Wed, 5 Jan 2005 03:56:08 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I installed the latest stable version of openafs for mac osx 10.3. When I
start it up using "/Library/StartupItems/Openafs/OpenAfs" I am told:

afsd: unable to mount AFS on /afs(16)

Furthermore although I can do ls /afs and see al the domains (cern.ch
etc) if I try ls /afs/cern.ch/ I am told no such file or directory - even
though I saw it when I did ls /afs. After this occurrence I also find the
same message for ls /afs. Do I have to do something special to use /afs? I
have previously used it in linux I and I dontdont remember any special
commands needed, but maybe linux comes with some software already
installed that I need to install in mac osx for afs to work properly?

Thanks,

Mark