[OpenAFS-devel] Status PAG with 2.6 kernel

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Thu, 6 Jan 2005 01:45:11 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005, Kyle Moffett wrote:

> On Jan 04, 2005, at 08:24, Jim Rees wrote:
>> Does OpenAFS make use of this?
>
> Not as far as I know, though it sure would be handy.  If I were more familiar
> with
> the OpenAFS code I would try my hand at a patch, we'd love OpenAFS with this
> on 2.6 for our workstations at my school, but so far it hasn't been done.
> One
> thing I _have_ been considering doing is a Kerberos key-store using this
> code,
> though my time is a little scarce at the moment.

I have code which isn't done yet which does something
backwards-compatible, namely, just uses a "key" to store a pag number. I
plan to incorporate it when it's done, then wait for a Kerberos key-store
backend before doing anything further.