[OpenAFS-devel] openafs-1.3.77 on SLES9 amd64_linux26 hosts... stable.

Harald Barth haba@pdc.kth.se
Fri, 14 Jan 2005 11:23:48 +0100 (MET)

> Since there are mostly only reports of problems on here, thought I'd share
> that I've been testing openafs-1.3.77 on some amd64_linux26 SLES9 hosts here
> (kernel 2.6.5-7.108-smp) and it seems pretty stable.  Others might be curious.

Nice. We kind of passed 2.6.5 without stopping.

> We've been using arla, but the FileServerPrefs functionality is something our remote
> sites require.

You could write something that takes the statistics gatered by arlad and uses them to
set preferences. The statistics code is in arlad, the code that uses the statistics
for something useful is not written yet.

> Ironically, the same release on a Suse 9.2, i386_linux26 host 2.6.8-24-smp is
> NOT stable at all.  Still using arla on that host.

I have heard bad things about 2.6.{7,8} from all over. I'm a bit puzzled that
arla works on that. I'd upgrade to 2.6.9.

Harald.