[OpenAFS-devel] Problems on 8-way Itanium2 system

Alf Wachsmann alfw@slac.stanford.edu
Sat, 29 Jan 2005 13:34:26 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005, chas williams - CONTRACTOR wrote:
> > Has anyone else seen this problem? Is there a fix or workaround?
>
> never seen anything like that crash and we run it on our biggish sn2's.
> however since the sgi uses xfs, we typically run memcache.  i have no
> experience with using the disk cache.

While all other partitions on that machine are xfs, the AFS cache
partition is ext2.

Your remark about memcache, however, turned out to be an excellent one!
The 72 CPU machine now runs AFS quite happily with a 1GB memcache.

Many thanks,
                   Alf.

  Alf Wachsmann                       | e-mail: alfw@slac.stanford.edu
  SLAC Computing Service              | Phone:  +1-650-926-4802
  2575 Sand Hill Road, M/S 97         | FAX:    +1-650-926-3329
  Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA           | Office: Bldg. 50/323
                http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~alfw (PGP)