[OpenAFS-devel] aklog heimdal --with-krb5-conf configure nitpicks

Troy Benjegerdes hozer@hozed.org
Tue, 26 Jul 2005 21:22:07 -0500

On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 03:56:59AM +0200, Martin MOKREJ? wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Troy Benjegerdes wrote:
>
> >It looks like useing the '--with-krb5-conf=/usr/bin/krb5-config' option
> >creates a rather polluted KRB5LIBS list like this:
> >Adding -L/usr/lib -lkrb5 -lasn1 -lcrypto -lroken -lcrypt -lresolv to
> >KRB5LIBS
>
> It is not polluted, it should be used as it is by ld(1). Look
>
> # /usr/heimdal/bin/krb5-config
> usage: /usr/heimdal/bin/krb5-config [options] [libraries]
> libraries: krb5 gssapi kadm-client kadm-server
> #
>
> By default you get the 'krb5' output. The 'gssapi' adds one library extra.

In the openafs aklog case, the lib gets included anyway since libkrb5
depends on it. I guess this would break static linking though.

I suppose the real bug here is Suse 9 heimdal-devel doesn't depend on
openssl-devel.

As for openafs.. is there an easy way to have autoconf/configure make
sure each lib in 'KRB5LIBS' actually exists, and print a reasonable
error message? Right now you don't know until you get to building aklog.