[OpenAFS-devel] Linux access key retention support and OpenAFS

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Sat, 4 Jun 2005 21:25:27 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 4 Jun 2005, Troy Benjegerdes wrote:

>> I have a substantially complete patch for this which was stymied by lack
>> of export of certain symbols. Rather than pursue it, my understanding iss
>> someone is working on a kerberos 5 ticket file backend using keyring. My
>> hope is to use that when complete directly (for now, anyway, since we can,
>> there being a single ticket for any cell for afs)
>
> What symbols do you need?

Well, given that the goal at the time was "be backward compatible", e.g.
things which call setpag() just keep working, I wanted to force a keyring
to exist from within the kernel.

> Is this a patch to openafs, or to the kernel?

If it were a patch to the kernel, I wouldn't need any symbols exported,
now would I? ;-)

> Can you post it someplace?

I need to dig it out.