[OpenAFS-devel] fs sysname assignment problem

Christof Hanke hanke@rzg.mpg.de
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 17:52:19 +0200

John A. Goebel wrote:

>Ok, so then I don't understand sysname. I thought I could simply give
>a list of values to @sys via the 'fs sysname'. Example:
>
>root@frankendog:~# /usr/afsws/bin/fs sysname
>Current sysname list is 'i386_linux26' 'i386_rhel30'
>root@frankendog:~# /usr/afsws/bin/fs sysname -newsys foo
>fs: new sysname set.
>root@frankendog:~# /usr/afsws/bin/fs sysname
>Current sysname is 'foo'
>root@frankendog:~# /usr/afsws/bin/fs sysname -newsys foo bar
>fs: new sysname list set.
>root@frankendog:~# /usr/afsws/bin/fs sysname
>Current sysname list is 'foo' 'bar'
>
>My other systems can have multiple values for @sys assinged in this manner, as
>you can see. Have something changed in 1.3.84 (I don't see anything in this
>regard in the changelog) or am I not understand your answer?

Well, you should ask somebody with more experience with afs than me.
I can't set more than one name :
"""
senf:~ # fs sysname
Current sysname is 'i386_su92'
senf:~ # fs sysname i386_su92 i386_linux26
fs: Too many values after switch -newsys
"""
This is on a pre-1.3.84

"""
senf:~ # rxdebug localhost 7001 -v
Trying 127.0.0.1 (port 7001):
AFS version:  OpenAFS 1.3.79 built  2005-03-03
"""

It's on linux, maybe you're using some other OS.
Sorry but I haven't seen that before, neither on linux nor on solaris.

-Christof