[OpenAFS-devel] i386_xenlinux26?

Kyle Moffett mrmacman_g4@mac.com
Tue, 28 Jun 2005 00:55:05 -0400

On Jun 27, 2005, at 16:39:03, Troy Benjegerdes wrote:
> Okay, first of all, the xen people need some polite "education"
> because
> haveing 'arch/xen' is just a bad idea. What happens if/when xen/
> x86_64,
> or xen/PPC64, or xen/ia64 show up? PPC and PPC64 do just fine with
> with
> and without the IBM hypervisor and everything coexists nicely.
>
> The 'xen' arch is not a new processor, and there is no defensible
> reason I can think of to add another sysname.

IIRC, at least in terms of the linux source tree, the reasoning behind
arch/xen was that it was currently quite ugly.  A number of cleanup
patches are in progress, so relatively soon much of this will be merged
into the other arch/* trees themselves and the arch/xen directory should
go away.  I also see no reason to add a xen sysname.

Cheers,
Kyle Moffett

--
There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is to
make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies. And the