[OpenAFS-devel] Status of developement on BSD and OSX

Jim Rees rees@umich.edu
Wed, 29 Jun 2005 11:44:36 -0400

No one is really doing active development on OpenBSD right now.  I dive in
when I have time.  What we really need is a developer.  The good news is
that the client works pretty well, and I've heard no complaints about the
server (although I don't know if anyone uses it).

I can think of one way a non-developer might be able to help with the
OpenBSD client.  It has a fatal deadlock that I haven't been able to track
down.  It seems to happen under heavy load when a server becomes
unreachable.  It may involve a vcache lock.  If I had a way to reproduce the
problem I could probably fix it.