[OpenAFS-devel] Solaris10x86 & OpenAFS 1.3.81 thru 1.3.84

Robert Banz banz@umbc.edu
Thu, 30 Jun 2005 11:33:02 -0400

Hi,

I'm currently trying to track down a problem with Solaris10x86 that
seems to involve kernel-side memory starvation.  Basically, the machine
(running OpenAFS) is pretty heavily utilized, and over a period of a
couple days, it's kernel memory usage seems to steadily grow until it's
not allowed to have anymore, and the machine pretty much stops.

Sun is working other angles, but since I'm running OpenAFS, there's the
chance that the memory-allocating-culprit is the openAFS client code
itself.  I'm currently running 1.3.84 on the machine, however, I was
previously running 1.3.81 with the same results.

Has anyone reported/fixed any memory leaks in the OpenAFS kernel
codebase lately?

-rob