[OpenAFS-devel] Solaris10x86 & OpenAFS 1.3.81 thru 1.3.84

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen@acm.org
Thu, 30 Jun 2005 10:57:53 -0500

Robert Banz <banz@umbc.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently trying to track down a problem with Solaris10x86 that
> seems to involve kernel-side memory starvation.  Basically, the
> machine (running OpenAFS) is pretty heavily utilized, and over a
> period of a couple days, it's kernel memory usage seems to steadily
> grow until it's not allowed to have anymore, and the machine pretty
> much stops.
>
> Sun is working other angles, but since I'm running OpenAFS, there's
> the chance that the memory-allocating-culprit is the openAFS client
> code itself.  I'm currently running 1.3.84 on the machine, however, I
> was previously running 1.3.81 with the same results.

Did things work on previous 1.3.x versions?

I have been running OpenAFS 1.3.80 on Solaris x86 for several months (83
days uptime) and have not noticed any problems.  This is a server though
and the client is no where near heavily utilized.  I do use the client
on the server to perform maintainance tasks like moving volumes around.

I am running this client as: " -stat 2000 -dcache 800 -daemons
3 -volumes 70 -memcache -afs"
What options are you using?

What configure options did you compile with?  I
use --enable-transarc-paths and --enable-fast-restart or something
similar and possibly enabled largefile support, not sure though.

<<CDC
Christopher D. Clausen
ACM@UIUC SysAdmin