[OpenAFS-devel] fileserver profiling

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 14:21:37 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005, Troy Benjegerdes wrote:

> I just switched to a 100mb cache, (previously it was 1GB), and ran afsd
> with "afsd -memcache -chunksize 16", and now I'm getting a better, but
> not optimal throughput of around 25MB/sec.

I've been using a chunksize of (2^)18 for most machines for a while;
Optimization for smaller chunksizes could be done with better predictive
prefetching but AFS development isn't my full time job and so I don't have
that kind of time to spend on it.

> (Out of curiosity, what cache sizes do people generally run at?)

100mb minimum, 2gb maximum, depending on what I'm doing with the machine.