[OpenAFS-devel] fileserver profiling

Kris Van Hees aedil-afs@alchar.org
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 19:32:50 -0500

On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 05:36:59PM -0600, Troy Benjegerdes wrote:
> Yes, chunksize seems to be a big deal. I'm up to about 25-30MB/sec with
> -chunksize 20
>
> Now, if I could only umount /afs without a kernel panic, I'd probably
> write myself a nice script to run benchmarks with a bunch of different
> chunk sizes. ;)

That is actually (somewhat) being done as part of my client performance
analysis work.  The problem is that I will not be able to get enough data
points (chunk size vs file size), given that the tests I run the actual
analysis of the internals usually take about 24-26 hours per test run.

I'll try to get a test in that is specific on chunk size vs file size, if
the schedule permits.

	Kris