[OpenAFS-devel] Progress on Linux in-kernel RxRPC library

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Sun, 20 Mar 2005 23:40:25 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005, Kyle Moffett wrote:

> Why do you need the Kerberos credentials?  As I understand it, for any given
> RxRPC connection, all you need is the OpenAFS token, nothing more.  I
> envision
> a "linuxklog" tool that basically does this:

An AFS token is just a Kerberos "afs" credential with some stuff stripped
out, today. Sooner or later the stuff won't even be stripped out. At that
point, why have 2 copies of the ticket?

If I have to have 2 copies now, well, I can already do that, and it's
free: the code already exists and has been in service forever.