[OpenAFS-devel] Global Mount: Disconnected drive Icon

giuseppe sala papavero64@yahoo.it
Mon, 21 Mar 2005 06:46:59 -0800 (PST)

AFS ver. 1.3.7700
Environment: Win2k Pro
Users defined on the local machine (not domain users):
   Administrator
   User01 (Power User)
   User02 (User)

Here is what happens when I use Global Drives. Note
that I need to use Global Drives because I need all
users to be able to see the AFS drives I mount as
Administrator.

- I logged on as Administrator and installed AFS
Client.

- I added User01 and User02 to the "AFS Client Admins"
group.

- I rebooted and logged-on as Administrator

- I added a "Global Drive" (AfsConfig.exe ==> Advanced
==> Global Drives...). In Explorer I could see the
drive mapped and the drive  worked correctly.

- Than I rebooted and logged on as Administrator I saw
the AFS drive with the disconnected icon (a little red
cros on the bottom of the network drive icon). The
drive seemed to work correctly, but it was impossible
to disconnect the drive since it appears already
disconnected to the O.S.

-Now, if I log on as Administrator or as User01 or as
User02, I everytime see the drive with the
disconnected icon and it's impossible to disconnect
it. Even if I reboot the system.

Pls., do you have a solution to this issue?

Thanks in advance
   Paolo