[OpenAFS-devel] Progress on Linux in-kernel RxRPC library

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Tue, 22 Mar 2005 14:37:36 -0500

On Tuesday, March 22, 2005 01:09:37 AM -0500 Kyle Moffett
<mrmacman_g4@mac.com> wrote:

> On Mar 22, 2005, at 00:28, Chaskiel M Grundman wrote:
>> Each cached vnode has a pointer to a linked list of struct axscache
>> entries. Each entry maps a pag/user id to it's effective access
>> rights.
>
> Ok, this seems reasonably simple.  On Linux under the new scheme the
> struct axscache would, instead of mapping pag/uid to effective rights,
> map an afstoken key id to effective rights.  You would need to utilize
> the destruction of an afstoken key to iterate through a linked-list of
> all axscache objects and invalidate them so that a future key with the
> same id would not be assumed to have any remaining cached access, but
> that doesn't seem overly complicated.

Yes; that's pretty much exactly what would have to happen.  We already have
code that cleans out all the axscache entries for a given PAG, which
happens any time the credentials in that PAG change.  This is required for
getting access control right, so we'd have to receive notification any time
the set of credentials associated with a particular afstoken changed.

I'd love to comment on the cachefs thread, but I really need to go better
understand how cachefs works before I can do that.

-- Jeff