[OpenAFS-devel] configure not honoring 'CC' environment variable

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:42:32 -0500

In message <20050323151114.GO9768@kalmia.hozed.org>,Troy Benjegerdes writes:
>The issue I have with libafs being so big is that it is not at all
>modular. There is no opportunity for something like rxgkad to be used by
>another kernel client, without also including all the other flavors of
>RX. Or, for that matter, having the ability to not load rx methods that
>aren't in use.

examining the 'size' of the module isnt really a good indicator of the
memory in use.  we could reduce the size of this portion of afs (there
is about 20k that could easily be 'removed': a few large .bss items
and getting rid of the large macros).  afs uses quite a bit of memory
outside of its footprint.

try not to worry about it.