[OpenAFS-devel] Patch to make openafs-1.3.79+ work on AIX5

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Sat, 26 Mar 2005 10:28:01 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, Niklas Edmundsson wrote:

> This patch makes the kernel module for OpenAFS work properly on AIX.

Ok, but...

> Executive summary of the patch:
> * Removed memory allocation functions only used on AIX and ancient
>   HPUX. If the performance penalty is noticeable, implement a wrapper
>   at the osi-level in the same manner as LINUX/FBSD (ie not sprayed
>   throughout the code).

Looking at the very first hunk, it's
-#if    defined(AFS_AIX32_ENV) || defined(AFS_HPUX_ENV)

Looking at .../config/param.ia64_hpux1123.h
#define AFS_HPUX_ENV    1

HP-UX 11.23 isn't ancient. So, really, it would be irresponsible of me to
apply this as-is until someone can try it on HP-UX. The other option is to
refactor it to not change HP-UX.

> This should be commited to the openafs-tree as soon as possible so we can get
> a bit wider testing and find out if there are more remaining problems on AIX
> than the following:

Can someone try this on HP-UX first?