[OpenAFS-devel] Patch to make openafs-1.3.79+ work on AIX5

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Sat, 26 Mar 2005 15:12:43 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005, Niklas Edmundsson wrote:

> On Sat, 26 Mar 2005, Derrick J Brashear wrote:
>
>>> Executive summary of the patch:
>>> * Removed memory allocation functions only used on AIX and ancient
>>>   HPUX. If the performance penalty is noticeable, implement a wrapper
>>>   at the osi-level in the same manner as LINUX/FBSD (ie not sprayed
>>>   throughout the code).
>>
>> Looking at the very first hunk, it's
>> -#if    defined(AFS_AIX32_ENV) || defined(AFS_HPUX_ENV)
>
> You need to look closer than that, since this code has so broken #ifdefs that
> it makes you cry:
>
> The only call to osi_AllocMediumSpace() is done in rx/rx.c under:
> #if    (defined(AFS_AIX32_ENV) || defined(AFS_HPUX_ENV)) &&
> !defined(AFS_HPUX100_ENV) && defined(KERNEL)

Yeah, that's true in more places than just here, I promise you. Look at
afs_xioctl, for instance.

>> Can someone try this on HP-UX first?
>
> This would be the best verification, yes.

One way or another we'll work it out. But HP-UX 11.23 is just as
supportable as AIX 5 at this point, both are current modern platforms, I'm
just being paranoid.