[OpenAFS-devel] Sysid probmens when upgrading FreeBSD server to 1.3.80

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Sat, 26 Mar 2005 15:48:48 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005, Tom Keiser wrote:

> The difference with the cache manager is that it doesn't use the VL
> bulk interfaces.  It does GetVolumeByNameU on a per-volume basis.
> Things like vos listvldb use the ListAttributes* rpcs, and none are
> defined yet that return a ubulkentries vector.  Add ListAttributesU2
> to the rpc wish list...

One of these days we should codify the wishlist, taking into account
things like
1) some way of representing additional "clones" which are intended for
public consumption
2) IPv6 addresses
3) any changes needed for long volume names (quite possibly none)
4) missing interface bits
and define the complete new interface so it can be implemented and put
into service preferably all at once (maintaining the old interface for
obvious reasons)