[OpenAFS-devel] [Patch] add module license macro to Linux kernel module

Troy Benjegerdes hozer@hozed.org
Sat, 7 May 2005 21:49:45 -0500

Speaking of the debian packages... Is there a reason that compiled kernel
modules aren't distributed? I had a user get rather pissed off when he
updated his debian system and afs dissappeared.

FYI, I used the following script to build debian packages.. Can we at
least have openafs-modules-source try to build binary packages?

#!/bin/sh

VERLIST=`uname -r`
#VERLIST='2.6.8-2-686-smp'
apt-get install openafs-client openafs-modules-source
#VERLIST='2.4.27-2-686 2.4.27-2-686-smp 2.4.27-2-k7 2.4.27-2-k7-smp'

for VERSION in $VERLIST; do
	apt-get install kernel-headers-$VERSION
	cd /usr/src
	echo $VERSION
	rm -r modules/openafs
	tar zxf openafs.tar.gz
	cp -pr kernel-headers-$VERSION afsbuild-kernel-headers-$VERSION
	cd afsbuild-kernel-headers-$VERSION
	make-kpkg modules_image
	cd /usr/src
	dpkg -i openafs-modules-$VERSION