[OpenAFS-devel] client hang with 1.3.82

Hans-Werner Paulsen hans@MPA-Garching.MPG.DE
Thu, 12 May 2005 12:45:00 +0200

With OpenAFS 1.3.82, Linux 2.6.11.7 sometimes processes accessing
AFS files hang. I can start new processes without any problems, but
when I try to do a "ls -l" on the directory with this file the "ls"
process will hang, too. "ls" on that directory from a different
machine works fine.
Starting with an empty cache, I can reproduce the problem by a series
of commands, the command which hangs is "strip". The hanging process does
not consume any cpu time, and I do not see network traffic to/from the
fileserver.
I do not see the problem with OpenAFS 1.3.81.
I have the problem with OpenAFS 1.3.82, without any patch, with the
patch ("Callback/Cache Issues with 1.3.82 on FC3") provided by Jason
McCormick (May 03) and with the patch provided by Chas Williams (May 05).

--
Hans-Werner Paulsen		hans@MPA-Garching.MPG.DE
MPI für Astrophysik		Tel 089-30000-2602