[OpenAFS-devel] Why I like libtool

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery@ece.cmu.edu
Fri, 13 May 2005 12:08:27 -0400

On Fri, 2005-05-13 at 11:59 -0400, Jim Rees wrote:
> I wouldn't say that isn't a problem.  Right now I can run regen.sh to make a
> configure script that can be bundles into a tarball and used on any system.
> I don't think that's the case with libtool.  As far as I can tell, and
> correct me if I'm wrong, libtool needs to be built for each platform.  And
> because it's GPL, we can't ship it with our source tarballs.

There used to be a binary component (libltdl) but I believe they split
it out for the small handful of systems that don't have dlopen() or
equivalent functionality.

--
brandon s. allbery   [linux,solaris,freebsd,perl]      allbery@kf8nh.com
system administrator      [WAY too many hats]        allbery@ece.cmu.edu