[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS 1.3.82 On Amd64 Running Solaris 10 x86

Antoine Verheijen antoine@ualberta.ca
Sat, 14 May 2005 11:57:43 -0600

I have a Sun V20Z, an Opteron-based machine, running a completely
patched (as of yesterday) version of Solaris 10 x86. OpenAFS 1.3.82 was
compiled using Sun Studio 10. The compile and install went without
incident. However, when attempting to start AFS, the '/afs' directory
will mount but any attempt to access other volumes, such as the
"root.cell" of the local cell, always results in a "no such device"
error. The AFS cache is on a nologging disk partition but I also
experienced the same results when using a memory cache.

A build of OpenAFS 1.3.81 on the same system works fine.

I do not, at this time, know if the behaviour is the same on either a
sparc-based or i386-based system running Solaris 10, although I intend
to find out.

I am pursuing the cause of (and possible solution to) this problem but
I raise it here in case someone else may already have encountered (and
even solved) this behaviour already.

Anyone?

Thanks, all. Bye. :-)

Antoine Verheijen                  Email: antoine.verheijen@ualberta.ca
CNS Network Services               Phone: (780) 492-9312
University of Alberta              Fax:   (780) 492-1729