[OpenAFS-devel] "Communication Failure" moving large volume

Kostas Liakakis kostas@skiathos.physics.auth.gr
Wed, 18 May 2005 09:34:32 +0300 (EET DST)

On Tue, 17 May 2005, Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:

> "possible communication failure" here generally means that one of
> the servers in question became nonresponsive, or that one of the
> calls was aborted at an unexpected time.  In order to determine
> what is really going on here, you will need to look at the
> volserver logs on both servers.

The only time I had something similar happen was when my krb5 tickets
expired (*blush*) in the middle of the move operation.

However there was nothing suggesting anywhere in the logs as far as I can
remember.

-Kostas