[OpenAFS-devel] automatically spawning afsd from kernelspace?

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Wed, 18 May 2005 11:00:28 -0700

Niklas Edmundsson <Niklas.Edmundsson@hpc2n.umu.se> writes:

> I think one point being missed is that the current way of doing things
> is pretty similar for all architectures. You don't want to fragment the
> already fragmented code into more "on this architecture we do this
> instead of that"... There's enough architechture-specific obfuscation
> going on as is...

The init scripts are all already architecture-specific, I believe.  I'm
afraid that horse left the barn a long time back.  There are even
different init scripts for different minor versions of Solaris, due to
changes in the system call number.