[OpenAFS-devel] automatically spawning afsd from kernelspace?

Horst Birthelmer horst@riback.net
Wed, 18 May 2005 15:48:42 +0200

On May 18, 2005, at 2:07 PM, Douglas E. Engert wrote:

> Horst Birthelmer wrote:
>
>> On IRIX and HPUX (actually I never tried anything else on HPUX) the
>> static modules are more stable for me, so that's what I use... and it
>> just works. :-)
>>

> On HP-UX 11.23 the AFS kernel module is dynamic and is
> /usr/conf/mod/afs64.
>
>   Then Sam is used, selecting Kernel Configuration.  Either "Kernel
> configuration
>   (character mode)" or "Kernel configuration (kcweb)" can be used to
> select Modules.
>   Within Modules, select afs64 and change "next boot" to loaded.
> Then, under "mode
>   of change", you can select "change immediately" or "change at next
> boot" and click
>   OK.  Either way, you should then re-boot the system.  The "change
> immediately"
>   just has the advantage of showing possible problems.

Thanks Douglas!
The testing of your HPUX modules is still on my TODOs.

The point was: There are still systems around where OpenAFS as a
dynamic loadable module is optional.

Horst