[OpenAFS-devel] automatically spawning afsd from kernelspace?

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Wed, 18 May 2005 07:07:02 -0500

Horst Birthelmer wrote:

> On IRIX and HPUX (actually I never tried anything else on HPUX) the
> static modules are more stable for me, so that's what I use... and it
> just works. :-)

On HP-UX 11.23 the AFS kernel module is dynamic and is /usr/conf/mod/afs64.

   Then Sam is used, selecting Kernel Configuration.  Either "Kernel configuration
   (character mode)" or "Kernel configuration (kcweb)" can be used to select Modules.
   Within Modules, select afs64 and change "next boot" to loaded.  Then, under "mode
   of change", you can select "change immediately" or "change at next boot" and click
   OK.  Either way, you should then re-boot the system.  The "change immediately"
   just has the advantage of showing possible problems.