[OpenAFS-devel] Backing up AFS with Amanda - DFlushVolume declaration question

irene irene.braun@ualberta.ca
Thu, 19 May 2005 14:50:07 -0600

I am attempting to build and install Amanda with AFS support that I obtained
        from ftp.ccmr.cornell.edu.  I am doing the build on an OpenBSD 3.7
system
        that has OpenAFS 1.3.82 installed on it.

        During the compile portion of the process I received the same error
for
        the following three files:   afs_estimate.c      volset-helper.c
        volset-helper.h
        Here is the error.
                    'file name':  error:  conflicting types for 'DFlushVolume'
                    /usr/local/include/afs/dir.h:   error:  previous
declaration of
                        'DFlushVolume'

        Here is what I am wondering.  In the amanda-afs modules the
declaration for
        DFlushVolume is as follows:   void DFlushVolume(void){};
        The declaration in  /usr/local/include/afs/dir.h  is as follows:
              extern int DFlushVolume(register afs_int32 vid)

        I am wondering if anyone can explain  why DFlushVolume is declared the
        way it is in the amanda-afs modules.  What purpose is it serving?
        I have changed the declarations in the modules so they will compile
        error free but I don't know how it will affect the code's functioning.
        I would appreciate hearing from anyone who may have some suggestions.
        Thank-you in advance for any assistance provided.

        Irene Braun
        Programmer Analyst
        U. of Alberta
        email:  irene.braun@ualberta.ca