[OpenAFS-devel] Backing up AFS with Amanda - DFlushVolume declaration question

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Thu, 19 May 2005 13:51:13 -0700

irene <irene.braun@ualberta.ca> writes:

>         Here is what I am wondering.  In the amanda-afs modules the
> declaration for
>         DFlushVolume is as follows:   void DFlushVolume(void){};
>         The declaration in  /usr/local/include/afs/dir.h  is as follows:
>               extern int DFlushVolume(register afs_int32 vid)

>         I am wondering if anyone can explain why DFlushVolume is
>         declared the way it is in the amanda-afs modules.  What purpose
>         is it serving?

It looks like Amanda was stubbing out that function, replacing it with an
implementation that didn't do anything.  To be sure of the correct fix,
I'd need to know where Amanda actually calls the function and if it does
pass in a volume ID when doing so.