[OpenAFS-devel] New branch in CVS: openafs-stable-1_4_0-branch (tiger and byte range locks)

Kyle Moffett mrmacman_g4@mac.com
Fri, 7 Oct 2005 14:40:41 -0400

On Oct 6, 2005, at 19:31:51, Kyle Moffett wrote:
> Ok, I can confirm that this works.  With my afs_osi.h and
> MakefileProto.DARWIN.in fixes, the code compiles correctly <snip>

Ok, it compiles, but the kernel module doesn't load with undefined
symbol "_afs_symhint_inval".  After grepping through the source tree,
the _only_ place where I can find the string "afs_symhint_inval"
anywhere in the code is like 884 of src/afs/afs_vcache.c, so I'm
guessing it's a merge artifact from somewhere.  I'll try commenting
it out and recompiling to see how that goes.

PS:  Thanks for responding and getting things merged so quickly!

Cheers,
Kyle Moffett

--
I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which, when you
looked at it in the right way, did not become still more complicated.