[OpenAFS-devel] Solaris 10 local zone support?

Coy Hile coy.hile@coyhile.ca
Sat, 8 Oct 2005 22:00:23 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 8 Oct 2005, chas williams - CONTRACTOR wrote:

> In message <4346C598.6030201@umbc.edu>,Robert Banz writes:
> >I doubt you're going to be able to run the client locally in a zone.
> >Zones are cool and lightweight -- because they share the same kernel...
>
> i think you should only need to run the client in the global zone.
> afs looks like (or should look like) a regular filesystem.  the
> only thing that might need work is keeping PAG from getting
> confused across zones.  not sure what prevents /afs from being
> "exported" directly to zones.

You might be right.  I might be able to just use a lofs mount to share
/afs with the non-global zones since the kernel module is running (as all
zones share the common kernel).  Would the fact that afsd is only running
in the global zone cause things to fail?  Obviously since the binaries
live in /usr/afsws (which is a symlink to AFS, natch) they'd be visible to
the non-global zone.

--
Coy Hile
coy.hile@coyhile.ca