[OpenAFS-devel] Solaris 10 local zone support?

Bill Sommerfeld sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us
Mon, 10 Oct 2005 09:08:05 -0400

On Sun, 2005-10-09 at 01:00, Coy Hile wrote:
> You might be right.  I might be able to just use a lofs mount to share
> /afs with the non-global zones since the kernel module is running (as all
> zones share the common kernel).  Would the fact that afsd is only running
> in the global zone cause things to fail?  Obviously since the binaries
> live in /usr/afsws (which is a symlink to AFS, natch) they'd be visible to
> the non-global zone.

<delurk>
That might work for unauthenticated access.

Doing it "right" would require kernel & userland support allowing AFS to
be mounted more than once, all sharing the same cache & afsd threads but
potentially using different local ip addresses, etc.,

					- Bill