[OpenAFS-devel] Re: 1.4.0 rc7 under AIX 5.3

Joe Buehler jbuehler@spirentcom.com
Wed, 19 Oct 2005 14:54:22 -0400

Hans-Gunther Borrmann wrote:

> the client itself works very well. No problem to compile and run.
> The AIX loadable authentication module afs_dynamic_auth is not usable. If a
> user logs in and is authenticated by this module all commands he submits
> segfault.

Looking at the rc4 afs_dynamic_auth during login with a debugger,
I believe that the problem is that the "returnto" function is
returning to address 0, which causes a SIGILL.

It looks like this function is hand-coded assembly language associated
with LWPs -- I presume it's a context switch.

Any ideas what might be going wrong here?
--
Joe Buehler