[OpenAFS-devel] 50 second fetch-data?

Harald Barth haba@pdc.kth.se
Mon, 24 Oct 2005 18:58:09 +0200 (MEST)

>  * new connection from IP address X

This happens today.

>  * query X for UUID

The query happens. I don't know if the answer is OK.
After looking at my capture file I doubt it. And if
the query answer is empty as I suspect, the logic
below will not kick in.

>  * if UUID(X) is found in an existing host entry:
>
>    - add X to host entry

I think this should happen but does not happen i my case.

>    - Ping all IP addresses other than X stored in host entry
>
>    - If UUID(Y) != UUID(X), remove Y from host entry [we do this now]

This is not the case, so this makes no diff for me but is useful for
other dynamic DHCP situations.

>    - If no response, remove Y from host entry [this would be new]

Yes, this is needed.

> However, I do not believe that it is going to solve your problem because
> your delay is caused by the fact that UUID(X) == UUID(Y) and UUID(Y)
> is not responding.  Hence, there is a delay.

If UUID(X) == UUID(Y) and X newer than Y (just add it at the beginning
of the list) talk first to X and then to Y again. If Y times out (in
background) it will be removed and next time when I change from X to
Y, Y is added in front och X times out in background.

Harald.