[OpenAFS-devel] cmdebug reporting what?

Troy Benjegerdes hozer@hozed.org
Fri, 2 Sep 2005 13:29:56 -0500

On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 05:54:39PM +0200, Harald Barth wrote:

> This is related to the big cache discussions...
>
> # /usr/afsws/bin/cmdebug ketchup.stacken.kth.se 7001  -cache
> Chunk files:   1000000
> Stat caches:   150000
> Data caches:   100000
> Volume caches: 250
> Chunk size:    262144
> Cache size:    20000000 kB
> Set time:      no
> Cache type:    disk
>
> Okej, now let's count cache entries:
>
> # /usr/afsws/bin/cmdebug ketchup.stacken.kth.se 7001  -long | grep Cache\ entry | wc
>    10000   80000  716245
>
> Exact 10000? Shouldn't that be more or is there a tuning parameter I have missed?
> Or is cmdebug not telling me all?

This is why I got confused on my 'fs getcache' patch.. this is only
apparently showing active Dcache entries.. you can have files/chunks
that are cached on disk but don't currently have a Dcache entry.

Is it possible for you to apply my patch to afs_pioctl.c and fs.c? I
think that gives pretty much the same information, for this discussion,
but doesn't create the huge server hit that cmdebug -long does.

time cmdebug localhost -long:   11.825s
time fs getcache -e:             0.025s