[OpenAFS-devel] "Lost contact with file server" problems

Martin MOKREJŠ mmokrejs@ribosome.natur.cuni.cz
Thu, 08 Sep 2005 11:13:57 +0200

Harald Barth wrote:
>>What does "restarting openafs" mean?  Did you restart the client system or
>>the fileserver?
>

> Client.
>

>>Yeah, but the server will still return RXKADUNKNOWNKEY if the real kvno in
>>the krb5 ticket isn't one for which it can look up a key.
>

> I don't know how the kvno could be broken because the tickets uhm - worked.
> Unfortunately I don't have any copy of the tickets/tokens left to examine.

Could be the afs server improved in a way to report the expected ticket kvno
and that one it has received actually? If it cannot report back to the client,
why doesn't it log somewhere? Just some brainstorming. ;)