[OpenAFS-devel] strange problems with qemu and 1.4.0-rc3?

Troy Benjegerdes hozer@hozed.org
Wed, 14 Sep 2005 20:45:08 -0500

I've had a number of strange problems trying to run qemu (open-source
vmware-like tool), and installing a guest OS from an AFS mounted ISO
image.

It seems like once the entire ISO image file is in cache, it generally
works fine, but when runing for the first time, the install will fail in
strange ways. When I was trying this with windows, I figured it was just
windows being stupid. But I get similiar kinds of bogus behavior with
the Red Hat installer.

How would I go about debugging this?

Troy Benjegerdes                'da hozer'                hozer@hozed.org

Somone asked me why I work on this free (http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/)
software stuff and not get a real job. Charles Shultz had the best answer:

"Why do musicians compose symphonies and poets write poems? They do it
because life wouldn't have any meaning for them if they didn't. That's why
I draw cartoons. It's my life." -- Charles Shultz