[OpenAFS-devel] Put definition of AFS_USEBUFFERS before it is used

Troy Benjegerdes hozer@hozed.org
Thu, 6 Apr 2006 13:05:26 -0500

On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 01:20:58PM -0400, Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:

> On Thursday, April 06, 2006 12:03:49 PM -0500 Troy Benjegerdes
> <hozer@hozed.org> wrote:
>
> >No, but I found this a few months ago in 1.4.1-rc2 when getting rid of
> >spurious compile warnings on linux, and checked it into my local
> >repository, and had a bad merge when everything changed from
> ># if AFS_USEBUFFERS to #if defined(AFS_USEBUFFERS)
>
> The fix to that was to not have made a spurious change you couldn't test.
> It is not to ask the gatekeepers to commit an untested change.

In the original version of the change, it got rid of a compile warning,
and I had no problems with it. I should have said something when I found
it in the first place.

With the change from #if AFS_USEBUFFERS to #if defined(AFS_USEBUFFERS),
no one is *ever* going to see that OSF is broken unless they test it. I
noticed originally because of a compile warning and thought I should at least
notify someone instead of forgetting about it again.