[OpenAFS-devel] openafs-1.4.1 build failure on RHEL3 -- aklog fails to build

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Wed, 19 Apr 2006 12:31:28 -0400

Hey,

In trying to build 1.4.1 on RHEL3 it appears the checks for
krb5/krb524 libraries are insufficient.   RHEL3 ships mit krb5
1.2.7, which has a separate krb524 library.  I had a fix for
the krb5 migration kit that would test whether the krb524 functions
are in the standard krb5 libraries and, if not, attempt to add -lkrb524
and see if it worked.  Should I create a patch to openafs that
performs a similar series of tests?

The actual error I'm getting:

aklog_main.c:207:2: #error "You must have one of krb5_524_convert_creds or krb524_convert_creds_kdc available"
make[3]: *** [aklog_main.o] Error 1

I know that krb524_convert_creds_kdc exists in -lkrb524 on this platform:

[root@vmware-rhel3 SPECS]# nm /usr/kerberos/lib/libkrb524.a | grep convert
00000000 T krb524_convert_creds_kdc
00000110 T krb524_convert_creds_plain
         U krb524_convert_princs