[OpenAFS-devel] Making Openafs and linux kafs coexist?

Troy Benjegerdes hozer@hozed.org
Fri, 21 Apr 2006 11:25:31 -0500

What needs to happen besides changeing the filesystem name to make both
OpenAFS and the kernel afs to be able to work?

I tried this once awhile ago, and change the kernel filesystem type to
be 'kafs', but then ran into the problem that both openafs and kafs want
to bind to port 7001.

Would just changeing the port for kafs work, or is there more that needs
to be taken care of? What I'd really like to be able to do is use a root
filesystem on kafs, and have OpenAFS provide the read-write access to
user home directories.

Troy Benjegerdes                'da hozer'                hozer@hozed.org

Somone asked me why I work on this free (http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/)
software stuff and not get a real job. Charles Shultz had the best answer:

"Why do musicians compose symphonies and poets write poems? They do it
because life wouldn't have any meaning for them if they didn't. That's why
I draw cartoons. It's my life." -- Charles Shultz