[OpenAFS-devel] License conflict on 1.4.1, Linux 2.6.16 with Xen

Sidney Cammeresi sac@cheesecake.org
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 22:03:40 -0500

I just installed 1.4.1 onto three machines, two of which are domU Xen
instances, from the Debian source packages.  The kernel module produced
by module-assistant failed to load:

        openafs: Unknown symbol force_evtchn_callback
        openafs: Unknown symbol xen_features

These symbols are EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL, and the OpenAFS module says
MODULE_LICENSE("http://www.openafs.org/dl/license10.html");

I decided to throw caution to the wind and change the license to
MODULE_LICENSE("GPL");  This gave me a working kernel module.

This is mostly an FYI because this is obviously not a proper solution,
just please don't send the OpenAFS DMCA enforcement lawyers after me.  :)

--
Sidney CAMMERESI
http://www.cheesecake.org/sac/