[OpenAFS-devel] keyring/pag support for linux

Troy Benjegerdes hozer@hozed.org
Mon, 7 Aug 2006 17:38:04 -0500

On Tue, Jul 18, 2006 at 02:53:12PM +0100, David Howells wrote:

> chas williams <chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil> wrote:
>
> > but we cant get access to these routines from a kernel module
>
> It might be possible if you'll tell me what you want.
>
> The problem I've got is that I discussed this with another kernel engineer who,
> when I mentioned this was for OpenAFS, promised that he'd get Linus to revert
> any patch I put any specifically for OpenAFS.  As far as he's concerned, it's
> illegal to load OpenAFS into the kernel because you violate the licence:-(

Can you get this person to say this on a public mail list, so I can
flame him for being an obstructionist idiot?

Or just write the patch so it works for both OpenAFS and the kafs
client, and stick a header on all the fs/afs code explicitly allowing it
to be called from the IBM public license code. If someone reverts it at
kernel.org, I think we should just have Debian and Redhat apply the
patch to their kernels.

ARG, why do people have to continue to be idiots over this?