[OpenAFS-devel] [CSL #305997] openafs-1.4.1 x86_64 libafsauthent.so

thomas@cs.wisc.edu thomas@cs.wisc.edu
Fri, 11 Aug 2006 10:41:58 -0500

I'm working with the libafsauthent.so and libafsrpc.so libraries in
openafs-1.4.1, patched with DEVEL15-libafsrpc-export-xdr-20060705.patch
to get the necessary symbols exported for i386_linux26. With the patch
listed, everything works great for i386_linux26. However, when I go to
compile the same applications for amd64_linux26, I find several other
symbols that are needed by libafsauthent.so and not currently exported
by libafsrpc.so:

/usr/afsws/lib/libafsauthent.so: undefined reference to `afs_xdr_array'
/usr/afsws/lib/libafsauthent.so: undefined reference to `afs_xdr_opaque'
/usr/afsws/lib/libafsauthent.so: undefined reference to `afs_xdr_string'
/usr/afsws/lib/libafsauthent.so: undefined reference to `afs_xdr_short'
/usr/afsws/lib/libafsauthent.so: undefined reference to `afs_xdr_bytes'
/usr/afsws/lib/libafsauthent.so: undefined reference to `afs_xdr_vector'
/usr/afsws/lib/libafsauthent.so: undefined reference to `afs_xdr_int'
/usr/afsws/lib/libafsauthent.so: undefined reference to `afs_xdr_char'

Is the correct direction forward to add these symbols to the mapfile for
libafsrpc.so?

Is it a problem that these symbols are wanted by libafsauthent for
amd64_linux26 but not i386_linux26?

I want to make sure the direction I take in the short term is compatible
with whatever the 'correct' fix is.

I'm a little outside my understanding, so please be gentle. Thanks.

Dave Thompson
UW-Madison