[OpenAFS-devel] [CSL #307050] afs_xsetgroups32 patch i386_linux26

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Fri, 18 Aug 2006 17:54:40 -0400

On Friday, August 18, 2006 04:03:24 PM -0500 David Thompson
<thomas@cs.wisc.edu> wrote:

> OK...I'm stumped.  Consider a new version of afs_xsetgroups32
> (afs/LINUX/osi_groups.c) to set a pag using the setgroups() system calls
> (an  identical patch is applied to afs_xsetgroups...):

I'm not sure what you think you're gaining from this over the current
implementation.  But, the reason you're losing is because grouplist is a
user-space address and you're treating it as if it were a kernel-space
address.  That works fine for memory models where all of the user process's
VM is mapped in kernel mode at the same addresses, but not for models where
that is not the case.

-- Jeff