[OpenAFS-devel] Kernel panic with openafs 1.4.0

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Thu, 24 Aug 2006 09:09:25 -0400

In message <20060824.131411.01041780.haba@habarber.pdc.kth.se>,Harald Barth wri
tes:
>Let me see... We are in afs_NewVCache() and call osi_Panic().
>Unfortunately osi_Panic() did not write the message string,

typically a panic in afs_NewVCache() means that you ran out of stat
entries (typically caused by a large number of files in a single
directory).  i would try to increase the -stat parameter.

>but only called BUG(). (Can we fix that for the future?)
>Normally afs_NewVCache() works, so why did it not work for

this is a problem.  i have a fix for it but its not as pretty
and i would like.  osi_Panic() needs to made inline so that
BUG() would actually point to the file/line instead of a
location in panic.